Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I Just Have to Say...

If you are at Joann's buying fleece to make a blanket, get out of my way.

I try to be quite positive here on my little blog, but today I have to give the world a piece of my mind. Let me explain. I am a sewer. I am an informed crafter. I visit Joann's frequently. I know what I want. I know how much I need, and I have my coupons ready. There are many shoppers like me.

There is another type of Joann's shopper. These shoppers usually want to make a stupid fleece blanket for a baby, a grandchild, or a friend. They have no idea what they're doing, and they spend a ridiculous amount of time at the cutting table asking questions about what to buy and how to assemble. It frustrates me nearly every time I go in to Joann's.

Here are some ideas I have.

- Basic sewing test before being able to shop.
- Special membership for those of us who know what's going on. We can either skip the line or come in early or stay late.
- Many posted signs of how to make these stupid blankets, how much to buy, and any other pertinent information.

I would be happy with any of these solutions.

That's all.

No comments: