Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Changes Down the Road

Dunlap recently announced their plans to withdraw from SEAPCO (special ed coop) for the 2011-2012 school year. That means my position has essentially been eliminated. I can't apply for the new Dunlap-hired position because of my contract company's rules, and honestly wouldn't want to take the enormous pay cut by doing that anyway.

What does all this mean? Nothing for now. I have to just relax about it until about July when SEAPCO figures out if they would have a different position for me. And then if they do, do I want to make the commute. (Right now, I only drive 13 minutes to work.)

If things don't work out with that, I'm confident I can find something else. Speech-language pathologists are quite in demand. I'm just not crazy about the resume, application, interview, and new worker process. So, although there's nothing to be done about the situation right now, I do need to begin thinking positive thoughts about change. I hate change, and it takes me a long time to get used to new plans. I have seven months :0)

Until then, happy winter break! Oh school schedule, you're amazing!

2 comments:

jb.little said...

Hi lady. I haven't talked to you in forever.... thanks for the "cook"ie cutters. Of course, I loved them. I sent a small little something in the mail to you, but it probably won't get there until after Christmas. I'll give you a call sometime next week to catch up. You're still my forever friend :) ~ J

LMC said...

Bummer about the job, but I am betting this means something better will come a long. It all works out for the best. At least you have seven months :)!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to your household!!