Sunday, January 2, 2011

Feliz Ano Nuevo!

2010 treated me quite well. Here are the highlights.

Last spring I discovered my love of flower garden design and tending. What a relaxing thing to do outside in the sunshine. I also finished my clinical fellowship year, allowing me to earn my certificate of clinical competence, a goal I've been working toward for seven years. In May, Shaun and I took a road trip up to the suburbs with the help of Linda the GPS and a new i pass. We snagged lots of deals at the outlet mall and had a fun time being adventurous (for us).

The summer brought my first summer vacation as a worker in the school system. I spent many hours relaxing by the pool, crafting in my favorite sewing room, and being ladies who lunch with Shaun. (why do teachers complain about their jobs?) I also found a part time job at a nursing home. I'm really proud of myself for getting out there and trying something new. It turned out to be a great experience. Joshua and I spent a week in Wisconsin with his grandparents, which is always a relaxing time. As the years go by, we imagine more clearly and hope more strongly that we'll be able to continue this type of lifestyle on our own.

I began my second year working in Dunlap schools at the end of August. Despite many new challenges and an extremely diverse caseload, I'm happy with my job. I feel confident doing what I do, and it's nice to feel that way.

Another bright spot of the fall was the birth of my first niece baby, Ava Lee on September 19th. She is a lovely little thing, and Joshua and I are going to work hard to be her favorite uncle and aunt. We have lots of competition!

During 2010 we also began seriously considering where we will be after residency. Joshua has been on a couple interviews, with some disappointments and some optimistic possibilities. We're excited to make an official decision in 2011.

Other events to look forward to in 2011 include finding a new job, another fantastic Labor Day party, a probable trip to a lovely beach in April, and more sales in my etsy shop.

Happy new year!

No comments: