Monday, January 31, 2011

Terrariums and Toto

Over the weekend, Shaun and I finally put together our much-anticipated terrariums. After shopping for the perfect containers, we settled on these simple ones that offered the most space balanced with a reasonable overall size.
We found out very quickly that these jars fill up fast! Our plans to put three plant varieties in each jar had to be scaled down. The reddish plant in the regular pot was much too tall for a lidded jar, but too cute to just abandon. The pink/red plant and fuzzy fern look quite nice together, and the other is a shade-loving one that Shaun will enjoy in her office at work.

Overall, a fun project, even if they didn't turn out quite as we thought they would.

The other weekend event was the annual ladies' luncheon at church in my hometown. The theme was Hooray for Hollywood, which left plenty of room for creativity, fun, and fancy dresses. Each table was decorated in a movie theme. Mom's table was decorated to portray the Wizard of Oz, and I sang Over the Rainbow as part of the entertainment. I've been singing at the church since fourth grade, so it's always fun to go back. (And yes, the poster I'm standing next to features my picture and information. Candice is too sweet!) Both grandma's were able to attend, which was also nice. Fun weekend! Now on to snow that might be measured in feet rather than inches. My goodness, I'm ready for spring.

1 comment:

LMC said...

Have to add that one to the Party House Karaoke list :) Like the dress!