Saturday, February 26, 2011

Getting Through February

Oh, February. Each year it's a struggle to find positive things to say about this horrible, cold, depressing month. There have been a few bright spots this past week.

I finally finished my scarf knitting project, which I started lasted August. No pictures because I'm over it completely. Instead, I've been knitting several dishcloths, a much faster and rewarding experience than a scarf. Here is a picture of me, happy as can be, beginning a new dishcloth, watching Lawrence Welk (I love that show!), and wearing new black boots that I've been searching for for at least four years, found on clearance at Bergner's. (They're so close to actually fitting my silly, skinny, chicken legs!) Yes indeed, a fun Friday night at my house.

Also this week, we celebrated Wes' birthday. Shaun and I like to make a big deal out of birthdays; it's how we do it in our family, but Wes wasn't really having it. We made nachos for dinner, our new favorite thing - chips, cheese, black beans, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and pulled pork, with apple pie for dessert. So delicious.


Ready for March. Age 26, here I come!



2 comments:

LMC said...

Did Wes shave for his birthday? :)

Your hair is super cute in that pic by the way.

Mandi said...

Thanks for the hair compliment! Sometimes I just don't have the patience to straighten.