Thursday, August 5, 2010

Going on Vacation

Tomorrow we're leaving for a week of vacation at Joshua's grandparents' house in Wisconsin. This has become a yearly tradition for me, and has always been part of Joshua's life. Lots of time in the sun and on the water await us, so it should be a fun time. Hopefully I'll do a better job of taking pictures this year, so I'll have them to share in a week.

In other news, today I started knitting. I woke up and said, "I'm going to knit!" After a trip to Michael's, I had a beginner's booklet, some yarn, and needles, and I was ready to begin. Several hours of practice later, I think I'm ready to start on a scarf. Not exactly what I had in mind in my knitting dreams, but it seems that lovely sweaters like this one are a bit challenging to begin with. Maybe someday...
Handmade Mustard Cable Mohair Shrug / Bolero - Bridal Shrug

No comments: