Monday, July 12, 2010

Another Summer Weekend

It seems like my summer weeks and weekends are flying by! This past weekend was spent repainting the main bathroom. I was really done with the green, and the new tan looks much more serene. It seems that I'm painting everything tan these days; so much for bold splashy colors. Another effort of the weekend was again figuring out why the new garbage disposal is again leaking. The gentleman will be coming back for the third time tomorrow. Really? It's a garbage disposal. Can it be that big of a challenge to get right?

Saturday night, Shaun, Joshua, and I ventured out to the Heart of Illinois Fair. I noticed the fair grounds on my way to work at the nursing home on Friday, and I was very curious. It turned out to be a very nice night to be out, and we took full advantage with chainsaw carving, horse racing, cheese fries, games, and a ride on the tilt-a-whirl.

I also sang in church on Sunday. It was quite a relaxed service and nice to see everyone. After church we were at Grandma Norma's for a couple of hours to chat before Shaun and I drove back to Peoria.

Goals for this week:

Get the disposal fixed for good.

Start and finish a couple small sewing projects.

Visit my forever friend and Springfield in-laws on Wednesday and Thursday. Hope they can spare some time for me!

No comments: