Monday, May 24, 2010

Seeing the Big City

On Saturday, Shaun and I completed a plan that she started forming several months ago. We went to Chicago, well the suburbs, really, but it was Chicago for us. Shaun used up a much-hated gift card to buy Linda, the GPS, and she even bought an i-pass. Our goal was Ikea and Oakbrook Mall. We made it to most of the stores on our wish list, including Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, Anthropologie, and West Elm, among others. Linda got us there with no problems, and we shopped until we were too tired to go on.

I'm so excited about a dresser I bought at Ikea, and Shaun finally found some purple, lavendar, and gray bedding ideas at West Elm. What a fun day. Now that our confidence is high, I think we'll be returning again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, hearing about Oak Brook brings me back. We used to live 5 minutes from there in Westbrook. Good(ish) times... you know, for apartment living.