Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm Gonna Beat Those Bunny Butts!

This was a phrase Jon G used frequently when I was a child, as she was throwing Tupperware cups at rabbits eating her plants. I thought she was such a beast at the time, but now that I came home to this...
I can totally relate. My brand new liatris plants, bought at the fancy garden center. Now they probably won't bloom this year. Those jerk rabbits ate the buds and leaves right off.

Jon G says to get some rubber snakes to scare them away. I really want to buy new plants, too. I won't; then I would just be double mad when they ate them off again.

3 comments:

LMC said...

This is when the outdoor dog becomes a real asset. Maybe you need to borrow Barney for a bit ;).

Anonymous said...

I always have a pug you could borrow. It might be the first time in history that a pug would be considered a "working" dog. Josh would be happy about that :)

Anonymous said...

Or just coat the plants with rabbit poison. Just sayin.