Saturday, December 26, 2009

Had a Holly, Jolly Christmas

Christmas Eve was spent with Polly, Greg, and the kids for lunch and at Grandma Norma's for the evening. Despite some blah weather, everyone made it. I came home with a quesadilla maker from the white elephant gift exchange. Joshua wasn't so lucky. His giant stuffed rose was only good for a laugh.

Christmas day got off to a slow start, but by lunch time (fajitas!), we were ready for fun at the split level in Peoria. It was the first time ever that we haven't been at Mom and Dad's house for Christmas morning. I was nervous about how things would go, but it was great.

The best gift? I couldn't choose just one. Some highlights include a sweater from Joshua made from alpaca (now that's just a fun animal), a lovely picture of the puppy from Kati, and new end tables from Mom and Dad. The worst gift? Easily the perfect brownie pan. Kati loved hers. I didn't want the clutter in my cupboards. Sorry, Joshua!
Today we all went to see the Chipmunks movie at Kati's request. I can't say that it's my new favorite movie, but it was fun to do something together. The family left Peoria right after the movie. We got at least eight inches of snow today, so they wanted to get on the road. This afternoon was wrapping paper shopping at target, a fun tradition, and lots of cleaning. Now the house is orderly with Christmas decorations put away, and Joshua is dorking around with several friends who are over. More Christmas notes to come tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let us know how well the brownie pan works. It could be just the thing for people who really like the corner brownies.

LMC said...

Are those rolle bolle's?!? (not sure of correct spelling)

Mandi said...

The brownie pan is being returned. I'll have to ask my sister how she likes hers. As for the rolle bolles, indeed. Our family now has four, enough for a mini game I think. Should be fun this summer.

Vanilla Bean Counter said...

Guess who is the dumbass who brought her rolle bolle to the 3rd floor apt, oh that would be me.

Mandi said...

yeah, can you go ahead and bring that back sometime so we can use them?