Sunday, December 13, 2009

Guest Room

I've been waiting to post pictures of the finished guest room because, well, it's not quite finished. There's nothing hanging on the walls, but I just can't decide. The pressure is too great, so for now, they will stay bare. Here it is before. As with all rooms in my home, it started out bright white with lots of clutter from the move.
After a coat of paint and some red accents, this is easily the brightest room in the house. I especially love the red lamp; red is my favorite color. I love how the room turned out. I'm not sure why every other room in the house is so neutral. I think I got nervous to pick out bright things, as I don't want a garish home. Unfortunatley by avoiding all hints of garish colors, I think I've ended up with something much too bland. Oh well, I'll get the hang of this decorating thing. I'll slowly add some color. It was just too overwhelming to move in and have to make so many decorating decisions at once. Overall, I love the house. It's warm and comfortable. What more could a girl ask for? I think the last room to unveil is the living room, which has mostly been done for a long time. I've been holding off taking pictures until I get some new endtables. I think Santa might be bringing some on his sleigh for me in two weeks, so pictures should be posted shortly after that.

2 comments:

jb.little said...

looks great! the color makes me want to come visit again :) I'm sure the husbands could catch up with their PS3 experiences...

Mandi said...

You're welcome any time!