Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Jenny!

Today was my sister-in-law's 10th birthday, and Joshua and I decided to put forth the effort to drive to Springfield to help her celebrate. The evening included Sam's chicken (always delicious) cake and ice cream, and bowling. This is a pretty typical evening at my in-laws, and it was so fun hanging out. Although the minor chaos makes me love my own peaceful home, it's fun to be a part of the crazy fun sometimes. Here are a few pictures from the evening.I bowled pretty well the first game, but then was tired of serious play, so I started free-style bowling. Pretty fun. Jenny joined right in.
Yes, that is glitter paint in my hair (hard to see). My nails were covered in glitter polish as well. (Both were gifts for the birthday girl that she insisted on sharing with her guests.) I was never allowed to wear this sort of thing growing up, so it was quite fun to do it tonight for the festivities. Overall, a great night. We're so glad we made the drive.

No comments: