Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fun Fourth

Usually I'm not the biggest celebrator of the fourth. I'm patriotic enough, but people playing with fireworks scares me. However, this year my favorite niece puppy turned one on Independence Day, and it just so happens that Kati and Ryan's birthday are in the first week of July, too, so there was lots to celebrate this weekend. We had a nice party at Jon G's today. Everyone got along, Maia was quite entertaining, and the weather was beautiful. I even got Kati to agree to start a blog to document her adventures in Arizona beginning at the end of the month. Things couldn't have gone better. Little Maia posing with a clown wig to be added to the family picture from Circus World for Mom's Christmas card later this year. She would not agree to wear it, but you can't stay upset with her. She's just too cute.