Sunday, March 22, 2009

Home, Sweet Home

Joshua and I began our home search yesterday with some success. We looked at eight houses, and here are the top two. They really couldn't be more different.


An adorable two story, brick cape cod. I love it! It's close to downtown and in an older part of Peoria.

Positives:
- So cute
- Lower price
- Wood floors on the main level
- Great size

Negatives:
- Guest bathroom in the basement, guest bedroom on floor two
- Kitchen that needs new floor and counter top
- Current owners that seem to have "improved" things improperly


The second house is a bland split level in a quiet subdivision.

Positives:
- Ready to move-in
- All new carpet with new laminate in the kitchen and dining room
- In Dunlap schools (important when we want to sell it)
- Master bathroom

Negatives:
- Not charming at all
- Strange triangle-shaped yard
- Pricey

Would I be happy in either house? I think so. Am I going to keep looking? I think so.

3 comments:

jb.little said...

You should probably buy the split- level... I hear they sell like HOTCAKES! (p.s. the brick is WAY better... if you wanted an opinion)

Emerge Peoria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emerge Peoria said...

The brick is too cute. Buy in the City!