Monday, December 8, 2008

Jingle All the Way

This past weekend, Jenna and I joined my dear mother on a Christmas bus trip to Chicago, organized by the United Methodist Women. At 7:30 Saturday morning, we were seated on the charter bus with 50 other women on our way to a fun day.

Bus activities included many games with the opportunity to win prizes. As you probably know, I am a very poor sport when not winning, so I was determined to come out on top at least once. After game one, I was not a winner, but I managed to hold myself together. After game two, my patience was wearing thin. I finally won game three! We arrived in the big city at about 10:45 (long trip). We shopped around for the rest of the afternoon and found a few things, including a lovely pumpkin-colored coat. If I'm good, it will appear on Christmas morning. Overall, the trip was a success. Vanilla Bean Counter wasn't there, making it a more pleasant experience for all. (I mean that in the kindest way possible). Jenna was a good sport about the whole thing, and we're still friends. Jon G. was thrilled to have me and Jenna around for the weekend.Next road trip: cousin's wedding in six days. We're off to Indiana.

1 comment:

jb.little said...

I really missed the little detail about how you beat me out of game three by one frickin' penny.... however, I am enjoying your prize. Very nice mug, indeed.