Sunday, December 14, 2008

Felt!

Polly had a fun idea to start a Christmas tradition this year that included the entire family. She and Greg supplied a 20 dollar bill for everyone; we drew names and then were off for in groups of two or three for two hours to spend the money on the most thoughtful gift possible.

Greg drew my name, and he did a splendid job. After meeting back at the house to quickly wrap the gifts and eat some Pizza Hut, we opened. In my package was a mountain of felt, several embroidery flosses, five fat-quarters of fabric, and a bite-sized Milky Way and Smarties. Total amount spent: exactly $20. What a perfect gift, especially the felt. Now I have pretty much every color, and I love just looking at it in tidy rainbow order and thinking about all the fun projects ready to be made.

2 comments:

jb.little said...

talk about thoughtful! I couldn't have done better myself.

Vanilla Bean Counter said...

Wow that is an excellent gift. Makes me want to return the shit gifts I got you. Sadness.