Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hot Off the Needles

It seems that my normal winter blah mood has set in the past weeks, leaving me nothing to be inspired to write about. Sorry patient readers! I will do my best to not let February suck me into apathy as January did.

A bright spot during January was the process and completion of another sweater, this one at the request of Jon G. In an attempt to sell more of the supplies needed to make this particular sweater, it will be hanging on a model board at Franks for the next six months. It was quite fun to browse through all of the patterns and choose something different. This sweater introduced me to several new techniques, such as the honeycomb stitch pattern and the three needle bind off. It turned out nicely, and I'm sure the pattern book ($17.95) and yarn ($7.99 per skein x 4 skeins) will be flying off the shelves in no time! All available at Ben Franklin Crafts, Moline, IL!
Over the weekend, I delivered the sweater on a weekend trip to visit Scott-o and Jon G. Mom and I spent Saturday cranking out Dana's wedding flowers. We accomplished a lot, and only quit once we ran out of supplies.


Sunday was the annual Methodist Church Ladies Luncheon. This year's theme was sports, so I can't say as that spoke to my heart, but it was a delightful afternoon spent with some of my favorite ladies. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Okay, February. Let's get this over with :0)




No comments: