Monday, February 13, 2012

Speedy Delivery!


I'm sure you all remember Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. My favorite episodes always included a video delivery from Mr. McFeely. You know the videos I'm talking about, tours of factories where I learned how any number of items are made. Last Saturday, I was excited to enjoy a live factory tour.

For the past several years, I have driven past a sign on Interstate 74 offering a factory tour of Homeway Homes. Joshua and I finally joined the tour last Saturday. We began the tour thinking it might not be all that interesting, but it was something to do on a lazy, rainy Saturday. By the end, we were enthused and ready to sign a contract on a Homeway Home. Seriously, people, take the tour. It was fascinating!

Another February event was the return of the toothpaste game. Each time the tube approaches empty, Joshua and I battle to see who will be the last to squeeze a reasonable amount onto the toothbrush. The last person is the winner. I won this round by cutting the top off and using a toothpick to scrape out the last bit. Joshua was not pleased, and we agreed that next time, cutting the tube will be illegal.

Are we nerdy? Yes. Is this game completely ridiculous? Yes. Will I continue to play it, laughing hysterically each time. Yes.

No comments: