Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail

Sunday I was at my home church for Easter, and the weather, service, and food were fantastic.

I sang the solo part in the hand bell choir's performance of Christ the Lord is Risen Today. I've been singing this part for a long time, and it was fun to sing it again. Luckily the cold I now have was only beginning on Sunday.

Another remarkable topic for the day was Mom's old lady pineapple salad. Someone at work highly recommended it, and Jon G. just couldn't say no. This salad was a classic old lady creation, including Jello, Cool Whip, cream cheese, canned fruit, real fruit, loads of sugar and a vintage Tupperware mold. I also need to add that it was supposed to have celery, but we decided to leave that out. Here are a few pictures of this interesting creation.

We went to Grandma Norma's for lunch after church, where the salad and other dishes were shared. Most everyone was there including the three new great grandchildren. What a busy house it was!

This week I'm enjoying my spring break to the fullest. The weather is great, and I'm staying busy for the most part. Projects include the following:

1. Assemble and use the new lawn mower. Check, done. I must say that self propel is glorious. Although Dad wouldn't be impressed with my crooked mowing pattern, I'm quite proud of this accomplishment. I even had to add and check the oil.

2. Clean and freshen the coat and stairs closets. Check, done. This involved new white paint on the walls and shelves, and ripping up and replacing the nasty old linoleum under the stairs. It now looks amazing! My first project using self-adhesive tiles, and I love it. Definitely not high-end, but looks so much better and cleaner than the old.

3. Remove all ceiling plant hooks. Check, done. It was time to take all of these down for sure. I patched some holes, and now you would never know they used to be there. I know I'll be sad when macrame plant holders come back in style, but it had to be done.

4. Make a decision on a grill. Still to come this week. So pricey, but will be worth it.

5. Think about reworking my old resume and attempt to find a part time or PRN gig for this summer. I seem to be dragging my feet on this one.

6. Visit Jenna this weekend. Fun, fun!

What's the moral of this story? Work in the schools, people. You can't beat the schedule.

1 comment:

jb.little said...

So excited to have you come visit! You won't even recognize this house you used to call (temporary) home... we've done so much to it. Be thinking of things you'd like to do. I know crafting is high on my list :)