Monday, March 22, 2010

Lovely Weekend

Friday I was out of work at 1:00 following an in-service. It was 65 degrees and sunny, and I came straight home to dig in the dirt. It was wonderful! I finally finished the brick edging project that began last summer. What a huge undertaking, involving digging sod with a dull steak knife and laying about 300 bricks around the perimeter of my house. It looks fantastic now that it's done, and it was completely worth it. As soon as it gets warm for good, there will be planting galore (and pictures). I had no idea how much I enjoyed gardening, but I must say, it is quite satisfying.

Saturday was spent shopping with Shaun. Nothing too remarkable but always a fun time.

Sunday I drove up to the Quad Cities. My voice teacher from middle and high school was having a retirement party after years of playing the organ at a Presbyterian church. I hadn't seen her for at least four years, and at 88 years old, she still looked amazing with her familiar pink lipstick and black and white polka dot dress. She always was a very classy lady. She recognized me right away, and I was glad I made the drive up for five minutes worth of cake and punch. Mom, Dad, and I then went out to dinner and did a little shopping.

Nice weekend, and a nice four-day week ahead.

No comments: