Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fun Weekend

Saturday afternoon was Joshua's graduation, and as far as graduations go, it was a really nice one. There was relatively little tension between Joshua's mom and dad, which I was thankful for. I don't do well with tension. My only source of concern for the day was seven-year-old Mary leaning on the balcony railing during the ceremony. I was picturing her tumbling over the side and down to the first level below. Lesson learned. Don't choose to sit in the first row of the balcony even if it does give you a great view.

Here's a picture from the day. The license plate finally makes sense. Joshua got it five years ago to put on his junky, rusty old Pathfinder as a joke. It's a joke no more. Now it's just pretentious.Today we went with the family to the Springfield art fair. I was imagining more of crafty art fair. You know the kind, like with goose outfits and yard art. This one was a real art fair, with average prices in the hundreds of dollars. Needless to say, I didn't purchase anything. I wanted to buy something from Lynn Krause's booth. She had some gorgeous pastels. I'm trying to decide if it would be offensive to email her and ask her if she ever considered making prints of her pieces. That would be a much more affordable option for me.So, a nice weekend with nice weather and time spent with family. Now we're on vacation for several weeks. No stress, just working on figuring out where we're living in Peoria. We have to be out of this apartment by June 12. The house inspection is Thursday. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: