Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Interview in My Yoga Pants

I searched for the perfect interview outfit a couple of weeks ago and finally found something professional and stylish with a little personality. Funny enough, I didn't need it for my first interview. Today I had a phone interview with Special Education Association of Peoria County (SEAPCO), so my business attire included yoga pants, no bra, and no makeup. I liked it.

The interview seemed to go pretty well. There are three speech-language pathology positions open for the 2009-2010 school year.

1. Early childhood education, ages 3-5, OH MY! I don't know if I have the patience to hang out with the little ones all day.

2. Jr. and Senior high functional life skills classroom. Different from what I had in mind, but could be really interesting.

3. Elementary school cross-categorical classroom. Seems to be more what I had in mind, but still not a typical school SLP.

The gentleman told me I would find out on April 13th. That gives me a few days to start calling medical placements to see if they want me. Time to get busy!

No comments: