Sunday, February 8, 2009

Working 9-5, What a Way to Make a Living

Well, really 7:20-5:00, but who's counting?

I've been at my hospital externship for four weeks now, and despite the long hours, I do like it more than the schools. As time passes by, I'm beginning to think more and more about next year, and there is such a to-do list! Unfortunately I won't begin to work on this to-do list until after match day. March 19th, get here already!

1. Get a job. This morning I spent three hours finishing my resume, (It's fantastic, I'm sure.) and posting it on some popular job search websites. I do feel that it's a little early to actually begin filling out applications, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know the perfect date to begin applying? There's one job I'm particularly intrested in at a nursing home in Davenport. I'll keep my eye on it for the time being, maybe until mid March.

2. Get a place to live. Joshua and I have been going back and forth about buying a house or renting an apartment. Both have their advantages. As I sit here and listen to my neighbor's music, buying is looking good. Scottie, being the responsible realestate loan officer that he is, is a bit pessimistic about the process, but I just want a quiet cottage with rooms I can paint and a yard for Heidi and/or Skittles. One came on the market not too long ago that's pretty much Jenna's twin house. That could be good. It looks clean and updated. It's the affordable one I'm thinking of at the moment, listed at $110,000.
Then there's a ranch that looks bland but nice (and bigger) for $149,900. I need to figure out how much house I could potentially afford. Anyone know how to do that?

3. Get a dog. Maybe. Only if it's really smart. And cute.

Things to think about. That's what I do best though, think. And think. And then think some more.

2 comments:

jb.little said...

which is why you're my forever friend... the thing I do best is do, do, and do. And then undo, because the finished product is usually crappy until I think through it some more.

Vanilla Bean Counter said...

Get the cutie one and gets some doggies.