Sunday, February 22, 2009

Felt!

A few days ago I received an invitation in the mail for a baby shower. Joshua's cousin is having a baby in April, and it's time to celebrate.

I had grand plans of making a cute onesie set with baby Jaylyn's name on them, but after spending hours stitching, I hated the result. I just don't get along with stretch knits. Alas, I will never design swimwear.

Anyway, after giving up the dream on stretch knits, I came up with this cutie little name banner, made of my favorite medium, felt. I'm quite pleased with it. Hopefully baby Jaylyn's parents are, too. It's now on sale at my etsy store.

I tried to make it coordinate with all the nursery stuff on the registry. I really could use some soft yellow and peach felt. I need to send a letter to ecospun felt about expanding their color line.

2 comments:

Vanilla Bean Counter said...

not to be an asshole, but... :) why the black felt when the bedding is brown?

Mandi said...

It is brown felt, just looks dark in the picture.