Thursday, November 13, 2008

Now that you mention it, I am a really good blogger.

I would really like to thank my dear sister for making me the winner of this award. She knows how much I like to win, anything really.

So, the rules indicate that I should now share with you all six things I love. Can do.

1. Eating meatballs or Chinese with my husband. We're just so darn content when we're eating delicious food and relaxing. (And I make really good meatballs.)

2. Crafting, and more specifically, sewing. I love making cute things for my home, or for anyone else who likes hand-crafted items. I do have to give credit for this to my grandma. She showed me how to do my first sewing project at the age of four by giving me a piece of denim, a needle and thread, and access to her button jar. I was so proud of myself for making it. Hmmm, I wonder if Jon G. still has that.
My latest sewing project.

3. Visiting people for a day or two. I'm not a traveler. I have no desire to be away from my home for long periods of time, but I do like to spend weekends with some of my favorite people, usually Vanilla Bean Counter or my forever friend.

4. Cleaning. Yes, I know, it's totally dorky, but I really do love making my home clean and bright. It feeds my addiction to organization and neatness, and it makes me feel like I'm in charge of my world. I just wish things would stay clean longer.

5. Thinking about having a little house. As graduation approaches, I find myself becoming more and more obsessed with thinking about where we'll live next year. Can we buy a house? I better look in case we can. Then I should think about how to decorate it. I could paint the walls and go to the fabric store and look for bedding. The possibilities are endless. I would like to thank my older sister for introducing me to this, as she is practically a professional house hunter and obsessor.

6. Bagels. I could eat them all the time. My favorite way is to make a bagel sandwich with egg, cream cheese, and bacon.

1 comment:

Gatsby said...

I agree, I think visiting people for more than a couple days gets a bit tedious. After day 2 the visit has an itinerary. And who needs that?