Monday, November 3, 2008

Apple Pie

I decided to use my morning off of work to make an apple pie, one of my specialties. My cooking skills are somewhat limited, (I'm thinking of disasters such as my chocolate mousse attempts) but the things I can make (meatballs, for example) are quite tasty, if I must say. So, here is my caramel apple pie. If you're wondering about the black metal thing in the pan, it's a wonderful gadget from Williams Sonoma. You just bake it with the pie under the crust, and like magic, the first slice of pie is lifted from the pan with ease. Also, I had to take this opportunity to show you my donkey salt and pepper holder to let you know not to take your salt and peppers too seriously. Life is more fun with donkeys.
Today's pie-making has me thinking about the holiday season. Joshua and I will be attending Thanksgiving at his aunt's house, and this apple pie, along with a pumpkin pie will be my contributions to the meal. I love pies; people are always so impressed with them, even though they really aren't all that tricky to make.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 things:
1) you're a pie crust goddess
2) love the donkey

Vanilla Bean Counter said...

Me gusta burros y pastel de manzanas.