Friday, May 31, 2013

Weekend Getaway

Last weekend, Joshua and I dropped Forrest at Poppy and Gigi's house, and then hopped on a train to Chicago.  My friend Allison is getting married in Germany this summer, and it was time to celebrate!  She had an entire evening of entertainment planned, including fun times on a charter bus with the many other guests, a delicious dinner, a stroll through Millennium Park, and a show at Second City comedy club.  Sunday Joshua and I visited Lincoln Park Zoo and walked around seeing some sights.  Here are a few picture highlights.






We had a delightful time despite the gloomy weather and nearly two hour train delay getting back to Galesburg.  I already got another use out of my bridesmaid's dress from last month.  Forrest had a good time with Poppy and Gigi and didn't seem to miss me nearly as much as I missed him :0)  Success!

Best wishes Al and Vince!

No comments: