Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snap-on Blanket Details

After mentioning Forrest's snap-on blanket in my last post, details were requested, and I'm happy to fill you in!



The blanket is two layers, one cotton and one fleece and measures about 20 inches square.  I added four snaps (hard to see in the pictures because they are white).  Two are on Forrest's shoulder blades near his armpits, and two are on his lower hips (not too far down, so his legs aren't restricted).  His feet do stick out the bottom of the blanket a couple of inches, but he doesn't seem to mind.  I added snaps to the backs of all of his pajamas, and he's set.  He moves and rolls all around his crib, and the blanket stays nicely in place.  Diaper changes are not impacted by the blanket, and it's easily removed in the mornings.  It's quite a simple invention, but he really does seem more cozy with it on.  I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner!  The next one I make for the spring will be a little larger and will use flannel instead of fleece for the warmer weather.

No comments: