Friday, February 15, 2013

Going Visiting

Joshua was in Arizona for a few days attending a rural healthcare conference, so Forrest and I took advantage of some time in Orion with Poppy and Gigi.  We spent a relaxing four days just hanging out, visiting with aunts and grandmas, and eating far too many Dove chocolates (I was on vacation, right?).

Dad and I also started working on a project that I'm very excited about.  Since moving to Monticello, my sewing area has been in our bedroom.  There is plenty of space, but the card table and mess are a bit unsightly (though the entire room is a mess at the moment, and for the past several moments...).  So, finding some inspiration on the internet, I've roped Dad into helping me transform a vintage armoire into a sewing cabinet.  Once it's done, it will feature a fold-in table, plenty of storage, and light, all contained on one good-looking piece of furniture, neat and cute when put away and very handy when in use.  I'm excited!  I really need to take some "before" pictures before we get too far on the project.

Here are a few pictures from our trip.






No comments: