Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Five Years Later

Joshua and I celebrated our five-year anniversary last Friday.  It was pretty fun because we got married the day after Thanksgiving, and this year it also was the day after Thanksgiving.  We were staying at my parents' house, so they watched Forrest while we had a little date to celebrate.

We had a nice time driving around the Quad Cities looking at some of the old sites, like Augustana and downtown Rock Island.  I'm not usually a nostalgic person, but celebrating five years with Joshua brought it out in me.  I can't believe how long ago it seems that I met him as a freshman in college. (It's been almost nine years...)  What a happy and blessed life we've had together, supporting each other through lots of school, lots of residency, and now parenthood.  He's still my favorite, and I can't wait to see what the next five (and 50!) years bring.

A couple of pictures:

The first picture of us together.  Joshua's mom took it, back in the olden days when people still used film.

Us before our date last week.  The blurriness helps to cover up the age :0)

The wedding dress still fits!

Yeah, no it doesn't.  The waist and hips are fine, but it seems that pregnancy expanded my rib cage about three inches.  That's never getting smaller again.

I love you, Joshua! 


No comments: