Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ready for Spring!


Each year I look forward to the arrival of spring weather like no other season. While this year's mild winter weather has made me less... grouchy, I'm still excited for the sunshine and warmer temperatures.

Last weekend, we celebrated then end of February (my most-hated month) with a pizza party. Everyone was here, even Grandma Bev. We served Olive Garden salad, GF breadsticks, GF pizza, and deep dish pizza. Delicious! I forgot to take a few pictures during the party, but the party centerpiece has been making me smile all week.
In other news, Joshua and I had a date night on Wednesday to see South Pacific at the Civic Center. The tickets were purchased back in November as an anniversary gift, so I looked forward to it for months. We went out to dinner at Rizzi's before the show, and then went on the the theater. We had a good time, despite the late night and Joshua's tired state from being on service this month.
I think the last thing I have to report on is the status of the house. Dad made a professional flyer for me with financing options. It will be perfect to put along with a second page that describes the house in a bit more detail. Also, Mom and Grandma are coming on Thursday to paint the man cave a more neutral color. I know Joshua will be sad to see the Bond Lake green go. This morning at Wal Mart I bought two cans of Kilz primer and am crossing my fingers that it doesn't take more than that. Such a dark color, that Bond Lake green. Finally, after getting after Joshua to pack up some clutter, I decided to take some of my own advice today. I packed the first tote, ready for storage. It did make me sad to think of moving out of my beloved split level. You can see from the picture background that not much of a dent was made in the crafting supplies. Good thing felt doesn't weigh much!

No comments: