Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fun Week!


As I've mentioned before, birthdays in our family last for an entire week. Mom and Dad got my week started with a beautiful flower arrangement on Monday. Mom usually thinks of this, but for some reason I was completely surprised. Fun!

Wednesday was my actual birthday, so after work Mom, Dad, Shaun, Bill, Joshua, and I went to Mexican. What can I say, queso fundido is a guaranteed way to make sure I have a happy birthday. There also were some delightful gifts: Old Maid cards and an adorable birdie platter from Shaun (hoping this can find a spot on a wall wherever we live next), Gushers and car decals from Bill (I LOVE GUSHERS), a very pretty summer shirt from Dad and Mom (not sure how that was left out of the picture, sorry! I will have to model it another day.), and Downton Abbey and cherry lime gum from Joshua. (Downton Abbey is a British soap opera set during World War I that I'm into right now.) I have such thoughtful family members.I'm hoping to find my final birthday gift today. Shaun and Bill are coming to pick me up to go to Good's Furniture in Kewanee. Bill is looking for a couch, and I'm looking for the canopy bed of my dreams. Ever since I saw one in the JC Penney's catalog around 1993, I've wanted one. Well, I'm looking today, and hoping to find the perfect one to be delivered after we move. Crossing my fingers!

In other news, the house preparations continue. Mom and Grandma came last week to paint the man cave. After three coats of primer and one of neutral paint, the deep green is gone. A new furniture arrangement, and it's a totally different place. Joshua is very sad and has declared it a cave no more (he is calling it the rumpus room), but everyone else agrees that it looks fantastic.

All I can say to Mom and Grandma is THANK YOU!!! I have no idea how those ladies cranked this project out in one day and were still smiling at the end. I so appreciate it!



No comments: