Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ping Pong

So I hate ping pong. In high school, we would play it in gym class during the same unit that we played pickle ball. The ping pong tables were on the stage, while the pickle ball courts were adjacent to the stage in the gymnasium. I always felt like I spent more time chasing the silly ping pong ball as it rolled off the stage and across the gym than playing the game.

Even though ping pong isn't my favorite, I'm growing to appreciate it because of my neighbors. They have a table in their garage, and most evenings, they open their garage door and spend some time battling. It's fun to be outside watering plants and listening to their game. It's homey and just one more reason I love my neighborhood.

2 comments:

LMC said...

I LOVE pickleball!! Thanks for the reminder ;).

Doc Awesome said...

Ping Pong is fairly awesome. What would make it more awesome was if the balls exploded. Thats right, exploding balls.