Friday, September 18, 2009

Field Trip!

Today was my first CBI (Community-based Instruction), today's way of saying field trip. This morning we loaded up the bus and traveled to the Morton Pumpkin Festival. Each year, the festival is opened up for free to special education classes in the area. We had pumpkin doughnuts and pumpkin cookies and went on rides all morning. Then it was off to a local park for lunch and playground fun. It was a great day with perfect weather, and I can't believe that I got paid to go. It was definitely work, though, especially when one of my students climbed all the way to the top of the giant slide with me and then panicked. She wouldn't slide down and didn't want to go back down the stairs either. We were up there for ten minutes. We made it down in the end. The only other small problem of the day was a broken insulin pump clip. Over all, a very fun Friday at work.

No comments: