Thursday, January 22, 2009

Let's Rent to Own!

It has occurred to me that sometimes poor people tend to have expensive electronics and crappy everything else. (Gotta support the ciggie habit, ya know?) As Joshua and I have been students for eight and six years, respectively, we are not really wealthy people. That's okay though; we're working hard, and someday we'll live the good life.

I don't mean to complain. We have our fun. With some wedding money we bought a Wii. Joshua got a Blu ray player for Christmas, and GG, a generous family friend, bought us a large TV awhile ago. So, as the year has progressed, and the electronics have accumulated, I feel that we're moving more and more into the white trash habit of having lots of fancy electronics, while still wearing clothes from five years ago and eating pasta four times a week because it's cheap. Today, this was confirmed. I got home to find that GG had purchased an Xbox for us. Woohoo, we've hit the jackpot, and subsequently, we are completely white trash. Congrats. Joshua is thrilled. I'm wishing we would graduate and get jobs already so it would appear that we could actually afford all these gadgets.

Moral of the story: the more electronics my household acquires, the trashier I feel. Maybe this weekend I'll go to Rent-A-Center and get a new laptop or something.

2 comments:

Vanilla Bean Counter said...

Well you'll be getting your tax refund, you can go finance something.

jb.little said...

Oh dear. You crack me up. While you're at it... rent-to-own some new furniture. It'll really spruce the place up.