Thursday, January 8, 2009

Goodbye Skittles

I've been doing better about tolerating dogs. I can deal with it, and I've even warmed up to the idea of having my own dog sometime. Last night Joshua and I went over to some friends' house. They have two dogs. One is big and relaxed, and the other is little and jumpy and annoying. Fine, I pet the dogs. I put on a good show the entire time.

After we had been there for awhile, we play a board game at the kitchen table. During the entire hour we played, that stupid little dog was jumping on my legs and eating the hem of my jeans. I kept pushing him off, and he kept coming back. I was horrified. What the hell am I supposed to say? "Excuse me, but your annoying dog is destroying my pants." So I kept my mouth shut, despite the little chunks of my pants scattered around the kitchen floor. My jeans are ruined, one of only two pairs that I like to wear, and Skittles is dead to me. I will never have a dog. Whatever, Skittles could never have been as good in reality as she was in my head.

Now I'm going to the mall to buy a white lab coat to start another unpaid job on Monday. Thanks to my supervisor for letting me know about the coat in such a timely fashion so I could shop for the best deal.

I'm about to jump of the balcony.

2 comments:

jb.little said...

damn it! all that progress you made with sophie and henry down the drain!

Vanilla Bean Counter said...

Bunny, Just because they suck as dog owners doesn't mean you shouldn't get Skittles. If a baby punched you in the face would you say goodbye to Adhelm. I think not. Bess and George need someone to play with.