Monday, October 22, 2012

Two Months!



After two months with Forrest, we are finally in somewhat of a routine that is agreeable to everyone in the family.  I'm liking the new normal, and I think Forrest is, too.


Memorable moments from this month:

- Getting really good at smiling, so sweet :0)

- Giving up the dream that he will ever sleep longer than 45 minutes on his back.  Yes, I'm a bad mother and now let him sleep on his stomach.  After eight weeks of trying night after night to get him to sleep on his back, with him waking up exhausted (me, too!), we are done.  I bought a breathing monitor to make myself feel better about the decision, and now we are a much happier pair, with both of us getting much better sleep.  While I don't have a fantastic story about him sleeping through the night, I don't care one bit.  I'm quite happy to get up with him every four hours.

- Feeling like myself again and finally feel like I have the house chores under control with a little extra time for fun things like sewing or painting.  (I'm hoping withing the next month or two to have the living room and dining room painted.)

- Becoming more tolerant of being on his own for short periods of time.  This is giving my back a rest!

- Growing!  Many 0-3 month clothes are getting snug, and we have moved on to the 3-6 month size.  (It seems that his feet are giant!  I finally bought 6-12 month socks!)

- First cold.  We're dealing with that now.  Not fun.

- Feeling more comfortable going in public without worrying (too much) about a meltdown.

Things we've learned:

- Babies love dancing!

- How to use a snot-sucker :0)

- Traveling long distances after dark is the way to go.

- Making the bed is hard with the babe in the Moby wrap.  Oh well, that never was my favorite chore, anyway.




We love you Forrest, and can't wait to see what month three brings.    

No comments: