Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'll Take the Henny Penny Chicken

During my undergraduate time at Augustana, I lived about two blocks from Mulkey's restaurant but never tried it. The outside looks a bit unappealing, and the giant sign advertising Henny Penny chicken wasn't enough to draw me in. Mistake! Dad, Mom, and I went there yesterday for dinner and had a lovely time at this old timey diner. I did indeed try the Henny Penny fried chicken and enjoyed it thoroughly, along with some of the crispiest, tastiest fries every. Two thumbs up for Mulkey's restaurant in Rock Island.

Dessert was Whitey's new flavor, Salted Caramel, which put up some serious competition for my favorite-of-all-time ice cream, Cedar Crest's Caramel Collision. I think Caramel Collision still takes the prize, but considering I only get it once a year while in Wisconsin, Whitey's will be a nice substitute when visiting the Quad Cities.

Hope you all had a nice weekend!

No comments: