Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Happy Birthday while Sporting Leggings

Monday marked my 26th birthday. The celebration began on Friday with a date night to Johnny's. It's one of our favorites going back to college days. After finding fantastic boots a few weeks ago, I decided that I'm not getting any younger - it was time to wear leggings. I must say, I was looking pretty darn good.
Saturday, Shaun and I made some gluten free southwest egg rolls for Mom, which we forgot to give to her on Monday, of course.

Sunday, we called Grandma Norma and Grandpa Joe last minute and met them at the Jubilee Cafe. It's always fun to see those two. I think they had a nice time, too.

Dad and Mom drove on down for dinner on Monday. We went to Panera, one of my favorites. I finally tried their mac and cheese, delicious. A lovely present from Mom that made the day more special was a Christmas elf/troll, a nod to a family joke. Other tokens included two adorable donkey cards. Friends, I am NOT a donkey person (but I kind of am!), so please do not buy any donkey items more permanent than birthday cards.

A very nice 26th birthday, and I'm looking for a delightful year to come.

1 comment:

jb.little said...

Look at your long, luscious hair! Happy belated birthday, forever friend. When are you coming to Texas to visit ? I have some pugs that would love to see their Aunt Mandi :)