Saturday, November 14, 2009

Retirement Party

Last night Vanilla Bean Counter and I drove up to Preemption. What, you've never heard of Preemption? Well, we were there for a rockin' party to celebrate my grandma's retirement from working as a post master in this small town for many years. It was a very nice party. I served coffee and punch, and Vanilla Bean Counter bitched because she hates parties and was slightly wicket (our family's term for sick). Jon G was in charge of the decorations and most of the food planning. The flowers were upcycled from my wedding flowers. After the addition of some orange, yellow, and gold accents, they were brand new again and looked lovely.
Today is moving day for Vanilla Bean Counter. New apartment with no Trompy, it will be fantastic. Then tonight, it's back to the Quad Cities for a Circa 21 play, something about the holidays and singing I think. I'll enjoy it, and so will Mom, Grandma, and Aunt Ronni, but Vanilla Bean Counter will probably be whining again.

1 comment:

Seth Clementi said...

Congrats to your Grandma's retirement! It was awesome that she served as a postmaster in her town for that long. I believe there were a lot of guests to celebrate with her, right?